- PLATINUM & BARISTA SPONSOR
- Booths 17, 18, 19 & 20
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
- PLATINUM & DIETITIANS DAY SPONSOR
- Booths 11 & 12
- Fresenius Medical Care, The Renal Company, is the world's largest intergraded manufacturer and provider of products, therapies and services for renal patients.
We care for nearly 300,000 patients in our global network of more than 3,300 dialysis clinics. At the same time, we operate 40 production sites on all continents, to provide dialysis products such as dialysis machines, dialysers, PD fluids and related disposables.
As the largest provider of dialysis care in Australia, we intimately understand the impact chronic kidney failure has on people's lives. We are committed to delivering outstanding patient care that goes beyond innovative dialysis products and therapies. We care for each individual patients situation, whether they wish to perform dialysis at home or receive dialysis within one of our 18 clinics across the country. Our ability to deliver excellent patient outcomes is due to the quality and professionalism of over 350 full and part time nursing staff we employ across Australia, who provide dialysis to around 800 patients. Our nursing teams share our passion for creating a future worth living for every one of our patients.
- For nearly half a century we have been helping patients with end stage renal disease live fuller, richer and more active lives. We are committed to life, to life-changing outcomes, everything renal.
- GOLD SPONSOR
- Booths 1 & 2
Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with kidney disease, trauma and other chronic and acute medical conditions. As a global, diversified healthcare company, Baxter applies a unique combination of expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to create products that advance patient care worldwide.
Baxter's Renal business is committed to addressing the individual needs of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients by providing access to innovative products, therapies, services and support designed to improve their health-related quality-of-life. Baxter has 125 collective years of experience in renal care. The company continues to invest in the business, reflecting its commitment to advancing and simplifying dialysis, expanding capacity for growing demand and investing in R&D to drive innovation.
- GOLD SPONSOR
- Booths 21 & 22
- Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, opthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostics that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century. Twenty-eight medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organisation Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them antibiotics, antimalarials and chemotherapy.
In 2014, Roche invested 8.9 billion Swiss francs in research and development worldwide, including over $36 million (AUD) in pharmaceuticals in Australia. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan.
More information about Roche is available through the website.
- GOLD SPONSOR
- Booths 14 & 15
At Shire, our purpose is to enable people with life-altering conditions to lead better lives. As a leading biopharmaceutical company, our efforts focus on enhancing access to current products while developing new medications that will optimise outcomes for patients, carers and families into the future.
Established in Australia in 2008, Shire collaborates closely with specialist physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other Australian health care professionals. We work to ensure patients suffering from rare diseases and specialty conditions such as Fabry Disease and Hyperphosphataemia in Chronic Kidney Disease benefit from quality use of our products as well as our patient support programs. We offer screening for Fabry Disease in patients with renal disease along with patient support kits and related dietary assistance for patients with Hyperphosphataemia.
Shire Australia also provides products which treat mild to moderate Ulcerative Colitis, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Hereditary Angioedema.
Please click here to email us, or phone us on 1800 012 612.
- SILVER SPONSOR
- Booths 23, 24 & 25
The ambition of Sanofi is to become a diversified global healthcare leader, focusing on patients' needs. The largest pharmaceutical company in Europe and in emerging markets, Sanofi is the fourth largest worldwide. The Group's vaccine division, Sanofi Pasteur, is the world leader of human vaccine production and commercialisation.
With the recent acquisition of Australia's leading nutraceutical brands including Nature's Own and Cenovis, Sanofi ANZ is now a horizontally integrated healthcare provider from complementary medicines, through to patented medicines, generics, over the counter medicines, and vaccines.
With one of the richest and most innovative portfolios in the pharmaceutical industry today, Sanofi currently have 48 compounds in development.
For many years, Sanofi has also recognised its corporate social responsibilities. Internationally, through our Access to Medicines division, we help fight to eradicate diseases such as: Malaria, African Sleeping Sickness, Leishmaniasis and Tuberculosis. Locally, we support: Angel Flight Australia who co-ordinate non-emergency flights for financially disadvantage people who need medical attention; a number of indigenous health programs across Australia; an East Timorese project to help diagnose and treat epilepsy; and donate our products to those in need through World Vision.
At Sanofi, we are committed to our customers, our employees and even more importantly to the people who rely daily on our medicines.
- BRONZE SPONSOR
- Booth 26
- Novartis is caring and curing. We care for patients and are committed to answering unmet health needs around the globe. Our medicines health address chronic health conditions like diabetes, hypertension and respiratory disease; critical disease areas such as macular degeneration, multiple sclerosis and organ transplant; and for people living with cancer by way of breakthrough therapies in the areas of breast cancer and chronic myeloid leukaemia. We are committed to research and development and since 2007 Novartis has invested 20% of its net pharmaceutical sales globally in R&D - in Australia we invest around $AUD 30 million annually. Our dedication to research drives innovation and we have one of the strongest pipelines in the industry. In Australia, the Novartis Group comprises of - Alcon, Novartis Pharmaceuticals and Sandoz. To find out more about who Novartis is, visit our website.
- Diaverum is an international integrated renal care provider with operations in 19 countries, 26,000+ patients, 8,500+ employees with the ability to capture best practice and learning on a global scale. Diaverum's philosophy is to care for patients' emotional and psychological as well as renal needs, thereby improving quality of life.
- There are nine Diaverum Australian clinics in total across four states and the ACT which are managed by a highly qualified team of nursing and medical professionals. In 2013, Diaverum won the first Private Hospital Excellence Award in 2013 in Victoria for its nocturnal service in North Melbourne.
The Australasian Kidney Trials Network is an academic collaborative research group specialising in investigator-initiated clinical trials in kidney disease. The AKTN works with the kidney care community to enable high-quality, world-class research focused on improving outcomes for people living with kidney disease.
The Kidney Health Australia - Caring for Australasians with Renal Impairment (KHA-CARI) Guidelines is an evidence-based project that commenced in 1999.
The aim of the KHA-CARI Guidelines is to improve the health care and outcomes of paediatric and adult patients with kidney disease by helping clinicians and health care workers to adhere to evidence-based clinical practice as often as possible. The guidelines are intended to serve as both a valuable educational resource and a means of enhancing the quality, appropriateness, consistency and cost-effectiveness of renal health care. The guidelines are developed for use in Australia and New Zealand, however, they are used more widely in the region.
The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) is a major national agency set up by the Australian Government under the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare Act to provide reliable, regular and relevant information and statistics on Australia's health and welfare. We are an independent corporate Commonwealth entity established in 1987, governed by a management board, and accountable to the Australian Parliament through the Health portfolio.
Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians through better health and welfare information and statistics. We collect and report information on a wide range of topics and issues, ranging from health and welfare expenditure, hospitals, disease and injury, and mental health, to ageing, homelessness, disability and child protection.
Kidney Health Australia is a not for profit organisation whose mission is to promote good kidney health through education, advocacy, research and support. Kidney Health Australia develops initiatives to save and improve the lives of Australians affected by kidney disease, and is committed to reaching the two million Australians who are unaware they have early kidney damage. Click here to visit the website or call 1800 454 363 for further information.
- Booth 08
ANZDATA is the Australia and New Zealand Dialysis and Transplant Registry. The Registry records the incidence, prevalence and outcome of dialysis and transplant treatment for patients with end stage renal failure for the purpose of monitoring treatments and performing analyses to improve quality of care. Information is primarily used for quality assurance, investigating patterns of kidney disease, and planning appropriate health services. We release reports on a variety of topics, including an Annual Report examining the rates and treatment of kidney failure in Australia and New Zealand. ANZDATA is located at The Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia.
- Booth 09
At LifeHealthcare we bring Australian and New Zealand healthcare professionals innovative medical devices by partnering with world class companies who share our vision for innovation and making a real difference to people�s lives. Together with our partners all over the world, our people work closely with healthcare professionals to ensure the highest standards of patient care.
Astellas Pharma Australia Pty Ltd is part of Astellas Pharma Inc, which is one of the world's top 20 pharmaceutical companies, employing more than 17,000 people globally. A young and forward-thinking company, Astellas is dedicated to improving the lives of people around the world through providing exceptional medicines that change tomorrow for patients in need.
With our ethos of CHANGING TOMORROW™, Astellas is committed to exploring therapeutic areas in which there is a vital need for treatments that improve and lengthen patients' lives. We're not in the business of making 'me too' medicines. We strive to develop therapies that are first-in-class and best-in-class treatments that offer patients and their doctors genuinely new options for improving care.
- Booth 13
TekMed supports a premium range of dialysis products:
DuraLock-C Catheter Citrate Locking Solution 2 x 2.5ml pre-filled syringe
- 4%, 30%, 46.7%
- Eliminate CRB's & clotting
Vascular Access Flow Measurement during:
- Surgical creation and fistula banding techniques
- HD treatment for access surveillance - recirculation and access flow
- Surgical revision - AVF flow rate confirmation suring angioplasty
- Dialysis chairs, German quality, central brake, exercise bike, 240kg
- DreamLine bed/chair for nocturnal haemodialysis
Please contact Peter Kennedy on 1300 720 727 or click here to email us.
- Booth 16
Today's MSD is a global healthcare leader working to help the world be well. MSD is a tradename of Merck & Co. Inc, with headquarters in Whitehouse Station, NJ, USA.
Through our prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer care and animal health products, we work with customers and operate in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions.
We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to healthcare through far-reaching policies, programs and partnerships.
For more information, visit the website.
Booths 27 & 28
Alexion Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company delivering drug therapies for patients with ultra-rare life-threatening medical conditions. Soliris© (eculizumab, rmc) is funded on the Life Saving Drugs Program (LSDP), for eligible patients with Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria (PNH), a rare, disabling and life-threatening blood disorder defined by chronic haemolysis. Soliris is listed on the PBS as a Section 100 item for the treatment of patients with atypical haemolytic uraemic sundrome (aHUS), an ultra-rare, life-threatening genetic disease that can progressively damage vital organs, leading to stroke, heart attack, kidney failure and death.
A member of the Menarini Group, a leading European biopharmaceutical company, Menarini Australia is focused on delivering differentiated ethical and consumer healthcare brands to Australians. With an extensive brand portfolio, Menarini Australia markets a wide range of pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer health brands. Building on our strengths in dermatology, primary care, consumer health and specialty care, Menarini Australia is now introducing products in men's sexual health, cardiovascular, respiratory and rheumatology therapeutic areas.
For further information, please visit the website.
Arterial stiffness and Central Aortic Blood Pressure are correlated with increased risk of cardiovascular events in renal patients, and can be used to manage hypertension in CKD. Recent publications have highlighted measuring arterial stiffness before renal denervation and in CKD patients undergoing coronary revascularization treatment. Ambulatory 24 hour brachial and central BP measurements are also now available with the Oscar 2 with SphygmoCor inside. Stop by AtCor's stand for a free measurement, and to discuss how measuring central BP would be useful in your practice.
Please click here to email Mark Harding for more information, or call +612 8815 8814.